Not My Mom's Wedding DressBridal / Vintage / Wear-it-Again
This dress was the client’s mother’s gown worn at her wedding in the early 80’s. Some of the embroidery was done by her grandmother.
- Removed long, puffy, sheer sleeves – So 80’s!
- Trimmed and cleaned up the embroidery around the arm, keeping as much as possible. This made a much more modern look to the dress!
- Lowered and finished the armholes by hand and a portion of them with satin bias tape.
- Hemmed the three skirt layers to an above-knee length.
- Netting at the back had stretched out, took in the extra so there would be no more gaping. Also added a new hook-and-eye.
- Made a thin satin sash