I had the pleasure of designing and creating this to-die-for dress inspired by a gown worn by Keira Knightly’s character in the film Atonement. It is a romantic war-drama set in the 1930’s that involves a crime and the consequences that follow in the next six decades. A very good and beautiful film, it was nominated for several Oscars that year (2007) and won Best Drama at the Golden Globes among many others. It is also responsible for bringing the young actress Saoirse Ronan into the spotlight who played the younger Keira Knightly.
I was ecstatic to take on the task and I am really pleased at how the dress turned out.
In The Details
- Silk Stretch Charmeuse in colour “Moonstruck” opposed to the emerald green in the film.
- Fully backed with a silk lining
- Bias cut bodice and train
- Hand sewn invisible zipper
- Spaghetti straps (watch the video)
- Silk tie-around waist sash – video coming soon as well!