I love the Oscars and every year I am keen on watching those red carpet arrivals for the dresses the stars are wearing. Here are my tops picks for best and not-so-best dressed!
- Emma Stone – in this red Giambattista Valli gown. I thought her choice showed off her personality and made a bold statement.
- Michelle Williams -in this bright coral Louis Vuitton gown. Loved the delicate ruffled peplum and she just looked adorable.
- Jessica Chastain – just stunning in Alexander McQueen
- Milla Jovovich – was white hot in this couture Elie Saab. Liked the one shoulder look (with shoulder pad nonetheless!)
- Octavia Spencer – in a Tadashi Shoji gown. The fit is obviously custom because of the way it drapes perfectly around her shape.
- Shailene Woodley – in Valentino Couture. Way to heavy and matronly for her. She should have gone with something more youthful, she is only 20!
- Berenice Bejo – in Elie Saab. The mint green is too pale losing the details of the dress. And the sleeves… not a fan.
- Jennifer Lopez – in Zuhair Murad. No stranger to showing off her “assets” this dress just doesn’t work for me. The awkward holes in the arms and direction of the pattern does nothing for her.
- Rose Byrne – this black sequined Vivienne Westwood gown looks like she was dipped in oil. Tight on the top, baggy in middle, and tapered on the bottom. Icky.
- Rooney Mara – not horrible but, her slinky Givenchy gown is contrasting too much with her harsh hairstyle. And the origami folds on her bust are distracting and unflattering.